Our Safety Protocols
Learn more about how we minimize the spread of infection and the risk of COVID-19 transmission
Dear Patients and Friends,
We hope that this message finds you all well and healthy. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, our commitment to your health and safety. We kindly ask that you carefully read this page for important updates about your visit.
With our partial reopening set to begin on Monday, May 18, we will be busy rescheduling the several hundred appointments we were forced to postpone. Under the guidance of Governor Baker, we must still postpone elective dental care but can begin to expand to “emergent” dental needs. As we get back to our normal business hours, our team at LaFauci Dental will be reaching out to those patients who had appointments postponed. In the meantime, there are some new things you will see and new steps to follow.
Things you will notice:
- The reception area has been cleared of toys, magazines, coffee, water and other shared materials for your protection.
- Our team will be wearing more PPE than usual. All of our clinical staff will be wearing face shields, disposable gowns, and head coverings in addition to the PPE we’ve always worn.
- Sneeze Guards to protect our front office members will be installed.
- We have added additional Surgically Clean Air Purifiers. Since 2017, we have had a unit in our waiting area and a unit outside of our treatment rooms to keep our air as surgically clean as possible. We are pleased to announce we have purchased 8 additional units to add to every clinical room in our office which will virtually eliminate any aerosols in the air.
- For the time being, we will not be providing the spa like treatments. We will temporarily be suspending the use of the warm hand mitts.
Please follow the steps below to ensure the safety of all:
- We have implemented a new patient communication program called Solution Reach to stay in contact with our patients electronically. Prior to your appointment, we will email or text you an appointment reminder which will include a HIPAA consent and a COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire. Make certain that you have completed this pre-screening form prior to your appointment.
- Upon arrival to the office, we ask that you call (978-817-2000) from your vehicle to check in. When your treatment room is ready, we will call or text you to come in. Only patients receiving dental treatment will be allowed to come into the office. In the case of very young children one parent/guardian will be allowed to accompany their child.
- Facial coverings or masks must be worn by all patients, parents, and guardians when entering. To preserve the limited supply chain of available PPE, we ask that you bring your personal facial covering or mask with you. A team member will greet you as you enter and ask that you use the provided hand sanitizer. They will take your temperature with a no contact infrared thermometer and confirm the COVID-19 screening questions with you. Should you have a fever above 100 degrees F, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- At the conclusion of the appointment, your next appointment will be scheduled in your treatment room with either your hygienist or assistant to prevent further waiting at the check out counter.
- Once available, we request that payments be made through our new website payment option via credit card. Our goal is to limit time in the office, maintain social distancing, and avoid unnecessary contact.
- Please report any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 to us within 14 days following your visit to our office.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding any of our changes or office protocols, please don’t hesitate to ask any one of us. Our team is here to keep you safe, healthy, and informed; and of course smiling! For all of our patients, we are truly grateful for your trust and loyalty to us at LaFauci Dental.
You have given us so much joy in caring for your dental needs over the past 17 years. We are so eager to see you all again soon and continue to grow our relationships with you and your families.
Thank you and be well,
Dr. LaFauci and the Team at LaFauci Dental Group